The third eye is linked with the pineal gland and is the window of vision into the astral realm, by opening this window you get to experience, see and even begin to hear things you never thought possible, a world beyond imagination and full of wonder and knowledge, but it is also full of danger, so be careful when proceeding on the path.
Important: Once you have Opened your third eye please give at least two weeks before attempting the next awakening (for others it will only take one week, once you feel no more effect from the meditations from one to two weeks and feel you are ready to move to the next awakening then do so), it is vital you perform Daily meditations on your third eye for this period as it allows your body to adjust to the energy flow and allows you to prepare yourself.
This exercise is done with a specific tone and chant. You need to do this exercise for four days in a row. On completion of this you should still do some extensive work on your third eye, just because it is open does not mean it is strong, so by empowering it daily you will get it used to being in use, this way in time you will start to see images or colours with it if you continue daily empowering which is basically meditating and attempting to look through it for 10 minutes or so a day, if you think you can manage it work on it for anywhere up to two hours at a time. If you have never used your eyes before they will not work very well, but after frequent use and given time to strengthen they will stop hurting and form a picture, the same rule applies here. You may use the mantra any time you are meditating on your third eye, but if you only use it for the Awakening then meditating without it during the empowering it will allow you to feel and get used to your third eye with a higher level of control, even though it may take slightly longer.
The mantras to be used is "Th" pronounced "Though" followed by "Thoooooo" as in "moon." Use whichever one you can feel best vibrating in the centre of your forehead.
When performing this meditation keep trying the mantra until you can feel it vibrate where your third eye is (as shown in the picture), once you have that tone right you can begin.
1. Sit with your back straight, preferably cross legged on the floor.
2. Place your hands in the position as shown in the photos. For people who are right handed, your right hand should make a fist around your left index finger; for people who are left-handed, your left hand should make a fist around your right index finger. The thumbnail should press on the side of the finger as shown, at the spot where the cuticle ends. When you feel a very faint electrical shock, you will know you have the correct spot. Don't get discouraged if you cannot find it. It should be apparent in those who have naturally stronger auras. What this does is redirect the flow of energy to the third eye.
3. Breathe in through your nose and hold your breath as long as is comfortable- open your mouth so there is a small space between your top and bottom teeth, place the tip of your tongue between the space of your slightly parted teeth to make the English "TH" sound.
Once your tongue is in position, release your breath slowly through
your mouth saying T-H-H-O-H-H (rhymes with the English word "Though"
or T-H-H-H-O-O-O-O-O as in the English word "moon" in one long exhale (vibrate the sound one time per exhale, you may not have the timing perfect but do it the best you can. Your tongue will be vibrating between your teeth. It may take a few seconds to adjust this to where you feel it in the middle of your forehead (3rd eye), don't worry, just keep on going.
5. Repeat step 4 another three times in a row and then take a deep breath and relax.
6. It is very important the above exercise be done for FOUR consecutive days, preferably 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal and you will have performed the initial step of opening and activating your third eye.
Once you have done this remember to meditate on your third eye on a daily basis if you actually want it to be of any use to you.
You can expect to feel a light headache in the process of this on days one, two and four, do not me alarmed if you do not feel as much on day three, on completion you will feel these headaches as well but they will slowly subside (warning: some people may experience large migraines, but do not worry, they will subside). With continued work on your third eye you will also experience colours swirling and shadows moving among other things.
© Enki Ea 28th May 2007 /© 2007-2017